Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Taste of Home
Make and share this Peppermint Ribbon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermint candy, plus
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies, divided
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Transfer 1 cup to a small bowl; stir in the extract, food coloring and 1/2 cup crushed candies.
- Spoon 2 cups of remaining batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Carefully top with peppermint batter; do not swirl. Top with remaining plain batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candies.