Recipe by Mercy
This recipe is from Bob's Candies (peppermint candy producer). For that extra boost, glaze with a chocolate glaze.
- 3⁄4 lb unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup crushed peppermint candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease and flour (or use baking spray) a bundt or tube pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream the butter with the cream cheese until soft and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and cream until light.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Add the flour in stages, blending well after each addition (do not overbeat).
- Fold in the vanilla and peppermint.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the cake batter, taking care not to deflate the mixture.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour, 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.