Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great candy for your Christmas treat plates!
- 3⁄4 cup warm mashed potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the mashed potatoes, butter and peppermint extract.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar.
- Press into a foil-lined 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening (either in the microwave or in the top of a double boiler).
- Spread over potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate until set.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Remove foil and discard.
- Cut candy into 1-inch squares. Store in an air-tight container.