Recipe by kittycatmom
My DH calls these cookies "Triple Threats" a buttery cookie filled with a mellow mint cream and rolled in crunchy crushed peppermint candy! So GOOD!!!!!
Top Review by Chabear01
Made these for KK's Kitchen Forum Recipe Tag Event. Made exactly per the recipe, but due to elevation will decrease the Flour by 1/4 cup next time. Also really crush the peppermint candy finely. Otherwise these made up into very nice, and tasty cookies with a wonderful Pink peppermint middle that is such a treat. Thank You Kitty for a really spectacular recipe. I am adding this recipe to my Bake Sale Cook Book as well as my Dunkin Do Goods Cookbook.
- 1 cup softened butter (no substitutes please)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup crushed candy cane, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cookie Dough:.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter with 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Gradually add flour and pecans; mix well. Chill dough.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: Blend cream cheese and milk until smooth; gradually add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and 3 tablespoons crushed candy cane.
- Form rounded teaspoonfuls of chilled cookie dough into balls. Make an indentation in the top of each ball; fill with 1/4 teaspoon peppermint filling. Press dough together to seal top and enclose filling. Arrange cookies on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until set but NOT brown.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining candy and remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar in a small dish. Roll warm cookies in candy and sugar mixture. Cool, then roll cookies in candy mixture again.