Recipe by Rather Be Cookin
Bite size crunchy cookies. A German tradition passed down from my family. Perfect for the holiday season.
Top Review by TaylorJenee
My German Mennonite grandmother used to make these--she called them papenate. I love how the peppermint isn't too overpowering, but still very present. This is an easy recipe to make at Christmas!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar, eggs and butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix throughly.
- Roll into a ball and place in refrigerator in gallon size plastic bag.
- Later, roll into snakes and cut with scissors or knife.
- Bake 350°F for 10-15 minutes (depending on desired crunch).