Recipe by BecR
I combined two recipes found on the Andes and Hershey's websites, to create these super yummy candy cane blossoms - cookies! Perfect for the holidays, and beyond. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk or 3 tablespoons water
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Andes peppermint crunch baking chips
- 1 (48 count) bag Hershey candy cane kisses
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove wrappers from candies.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl with the butter, sugar, vanilla, and water until well blended.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda; stir in the pecans and the Andes candy cane mint baking chips.
- Add the egg mixture gradually to the flour mixture, stirring to combine.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls (I used a small cookie scoop), and place on ungreased cookies sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set. Remove from oven; cool 3-4 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.