Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
These are grrreeaat!!! As my oldest daughter will tell you-it helps to peel the mints first!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 24 small peppermint patties
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Grease 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs and whisk until well blended.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well and reserve 2 cups.
- Spread batter in greased pan.
- Arrange the patties in a single layer.
- Spread reserved batter on top.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
These a fab! The smell while baking will drive you nuts. They are great. What a combo--chocolate & peppermint.
In a word-AWESOME! Di thanks for your suggestion on the boards! I made these a bit differently (per the advice of the chef, mind you), omitted the peppermint patties, and mixed 1/2 cup peanut butter with 1/4 cup of the brownie mixture, and swirled it through. Man! Have a glass of milk handy when you make these! Rich and fudgy, thoroughly delicious. BTW-in my oven these only took 35 minutes, so you might wish to check them a few times before the time is up, to avoid over baking. That might just have been my oven though. Thanks for a great recipe Di!
Excellent brownie, very rich!