Recipe by TravelCooker
Excellent accompaniment to strong coffee espresso. Your own Yorks! (taken from Nordic Recipes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the egg white in a bowl. Mix lightly with a fork. Add a drop or two of peppermint oil, mix gently. Using the fork, gradually stir in sieved icing sugar until the mixture becomes quite firm and does not stick to your fingers any more. (You can color the mixture pale green with the food coloring, if you like.).
- The mixture should have a satiny shine and be easily kneadable, although not too dry or brittle. Taste the mixture and carefully add more peppermint oil, if necessary.
- Roll small amounts of the mixture into balls about the size of a small cherry. Place the balls on a waxed or parchment paper and flatten them with a palette knife. Only roll and flatten one piece at a time, keeping the rest of the mixture covered with plastic wrap to prevent drying.
- Keep turning the patties over until both sides have become dry to touch and will not stick to the paper any more. Allow the patties to dry overnight in a cool, dry place.
- When the patties are completely dry, you can dip them in melted chocolate. You can also just drizzle them with chocolate or brush their tops with a fork dipped in melted chocolate. Let the patties dry on wax paper.