Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 (14 ounce) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon peppermint extract
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- additional confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chocolate-flavored candy coating
- In large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, and peppermint extract.
- Add 6 cups confectioners' sugar; beat on low speed until smooth and well blended.
- Turn mixture onto surface sprinkled with additional confectioners' sugar.
- Knead lightly to form smooth ball.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on wax-paper-lined baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball into 1-1/2-inch patty.
- Let dry 1 hour or longer; turn over and let dry at least 1 hour.
- With fork, dip each patty into melted candy coating (draw fork lightly across rim of pan to remove excess coating).
- Invert onto wax-paper-lined baking sheets; let stand until firm.
- Store leftover covered in refrigerator.