1/9 Photos of Peppermint Patties
4 hrs 45 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
These are amazing! Better than York's because the chocolate is so much thicker. The yield is a guess as the recipe is from a friend who made them at Christmas and gave them as gifts. Fortunately, I was one of the recipients. This recipe has been updated to add more details after questions from reviewers. Cooking time is really drying time for the centers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sweetened condensed milk and peppermint extract.
- 2Slowly add the powdered sugar and beat.
- 3Knead on a surface sprinkled with more sugar until dough is stiff.
- 4(The stiffer the better when it come to the dipping part!) Add more sugar while kneading if the dough is sticky.
- 5Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- 6Cut into approximately 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch circles. If they are much bigger than that they fall apart when you dip them.
- 7My girlfriend said she uses a screw-off wine bottle cap!
- 8Let the cut patties dry for at least 2 hours on *each* side. They need to be really dry.
- 9Melt chocolate & shortening it a double boiler; stirring constantly until smooth. Using 1 Tbls of shortening for every 6 oz. of chocolate. Keep chocolate hot for dipping.
- 10Dip patties in melted chocolate. The method my friend has found to work best: she places them on a long 3-tined fork, puts them in the chocolate (it should be no more than 1 1/2 inches deep), flips them over to coat the other side, lifts them out again with the fork underneath the patty, shakes the fork to shake off the excess chocolate & then places the patty on waxed paper to harden.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Patties
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.5
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 24.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 53.8 g
- Protein 2.5 g