Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Easy way to add that special something to a regular cake mix and pre made frosting. From Betty Crocker. (cook time does include cooling and chilling)
- 1 (18 ounce) boxbetty crocker super moist triple fudge cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant white chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 (16 ounce) containerwhipped milk chocolate frosting
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped miniature peppermint patties (8 candies)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Follow the cake directions on box. Prepare the cake as you would for a 13x9 inch pan. Allow the cake to cool for 15 minute.
- While still warm, poke the cake every 1/4 inch with the handle of a wooden spoon. (Only make the hole about 1/2 of the cake. Do not go all the way to the pan.).
- In medium bowl, beat filling ingredients with wire whisk about 2 minute Immediately pour filling evenly into holes in cake. Cover loosely and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Stir 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract into frosting. Spread frosting over cake Sprinkle with peppermint patties. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.