Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the Philadelphia Cream Cheese web site last year at Christmas. It was a HUGE hit with everyone. Very easy & so yummy!!
- 6 candy canes (finely chopped-about 1/3 cup-& divided)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 36 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- 16 ounces baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- RESERVE 1 tablespoons chopped candy. Mix remaining candy with cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 minute Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved candy.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- TIPS FOR PREPARATION:.
- SIZE WISE: These cookie balls have their own-built in portion control and can be enjoyed on occasion but remember to keep tabs on portions.
- HOW TO EASILY DIP COOKIE BALLS IN CHOCOLATE: To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls on prepared baking sheet; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.
- HOW TO STORE: Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.