Recipe by coconutlimeblog
I became totally addicted to Peppermint Mocha Coffee-Mate over the holidays and now I am game for anything peppermint Mocha. I'm dying to try these! This recipe was created by Rachel of Coconut & Lime http://www.coconutandlime.com
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder (*)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, at room temperature
peppermint cream cheese frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line or grease and flour 6 wells in a cupcake pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- mix together the cocoa powder, espresso powder and milk in a small bowl or measuring cup and set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to the butter mixture.
- Add the milk mixture to the rest of the batter and beat until well combined.
- Fill each well 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted the center of a cupcake comes out clean or with just one or two dry crumbs.
- Cool briefly in the pan, then remove cupcakes to wire racks to cool completely before icing with peppermint cream cheese frosting.
- Ice, then sprinkle.
- For Frosting:.
- In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients until well blended.
- Frost on cooled cupcakes or cake.