Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This got super reviews on the Kraft website, and it looked so good that I knew I had to post it here. Hope you like it!
- 6 cups freshly brewed coffee
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate (4, 1 ounce squares)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (already heated)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 peppermint stick candy
- Pour coffee into large saucepan.
- Add chocolate; cook on low heat 5 minute or until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk and extract; stir until well blended.
- Garnish each serving with a peppermint stick.
This was so good, and the chocolate and peppermint don't overpower the coffee taste, but rather they complement it well, leaving just a slight hint of both. I usually don't add sugar to my morning coffee. But I expected this to be a bit sweet (I guess maybe because it has peppermint and chocolate in it). But it wasn't sweet, so I added 1 teaspoon sugar to my cup, and it was just to my liking. DH liked it without sugar. It's definitely a 5-star drink though, with or without sugar.
I can't believe that I'm the first to review this treat! It's simply delicious and the peppermint is a lovely undertone, not at all overpowering. I used fat free coffee creamer for the milk because I wanted something with a richer taste than skim milk but still no fat, lol. It's simple to make and so worth the few mins of stove time that it takes. I can foresee this gracing my cup many times over the coming winter.