Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified from Alton Brown, this fresh look on the cookie is sure to delight!
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter
- 532.32 ml bread flour
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 295.73 ml brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml peppermint extract
- 473.18 ml crushed Andes mints candies
- Freeze mints, then crush into small chunks. place back into freezer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour melted butter into the mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar and cream on medium speed. Add egg, egg yolk, 2 tbsp milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Slowly incorporate flour until thouroughly combined.
- Stir in andes' mint chunks.
- Chill dough, then scoop onto parchment paper, aprox. 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, checking cookies after 5 minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet to ensure even browning.
- Cool, and store in air tight container.
This recipe tasted excellent and I definetly would make again. However, there we a few problems that I encountered with the directions. First, the dough looked a little watery to me so I added a extra 1/4 cup of flour. Also, the baking time looked to long, so I cooked mine for 8 minutes and they came out perfect. I also added 1 cup of chocolate chips just because I love chocolate.