Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified from Alton Brown, this fresh look on the cookie is sure to delight!
Make and share this Peppermint Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Freeze mints, then crush into small chunks. place back into freezer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour melted butter into the mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar and cream on medium speed. Add egg, egg yolk, 2 tbsp milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Slowly incorporate flour until thouroughly combined.
- Stir in andes' mint chunks.
- Chill dough, then scoop onto parchment paper, aprox. 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, checking cookies after 5 minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet to ensure even browning.
- Cool, and store in air tight container.
This recipe tasted excellent and I definetly would make again. However, there we a few problems that I encountered with the directions. First, the dough looked a little watery to me so I added a extra 1/4 cup of flour. Also, the baking time looked to long, so I cooked mine for 8 minutes and they came out perfect. I also added 1 cup of chocolate chips just because I love chocolate.