Modified from Alton Brown, this fresh look on the cookie is sure to delight!
Make and share this Peppermint Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Freeze mints, then crush into small chunks. place back into freezer.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Pour melted butter into the mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar and cream on medium speed. Add egg, egg yolk, 2 tbsp milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
- Slowly incorporate flour until thouroughly combined.
- Stir in andes' mint chunks.
- Chill dough, then scoop onto parchment paper, aprox. 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, checking cookies after 5 minutes.
- Rotate the baking sheet to ensure even browning.
- Cool, and store in air tight container.