Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My favorite Christmas cookie, light and airy with chocolate and peppermint. Easy too!
Make and share this Peppermint Meringues recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Gradullly add sugar and beat until stiff.
- Stir in remaining ingredients by hand.
- Line cookie sheets with foil.
- Drop by teaspoons onto foil, close together but not touching.
- Place all sheets in oven and TURN IT OFF.
- DONT OPEN THE OVEN.
- Go to bed and cookies will be done in the morning.
EVERYONE LOVED THESE!! I've had several people request that I make these for them and even more who wanted a copy of the recipe. They are so simple to make and so hard to keep on hand.
I wanted to eat these before they were even baked (not a good idea with raw eggs though).
Piece of cake to make. And these were delish! The kids couldn't believe that all they had to do was go to bed and "the cookie fairy" would make the cookies over night. (well, that's what I told the 2 younger ones). It's not just for Christmas. This is good year round. It's a real treat for the kids. Make right before you go to bed.