Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A meringue cookie flavored with crushed peppermints
Make and share this Peppermint Meringue Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In bowl, egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and salt, beat to soft peaks.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Beat until mixture forms stiff shiny peaks.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons for crushed candy for sprinkling on top.
- Gently fold remaining candy into egg white mixture.
- Drop egg mixture by tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with the reserved candy.
- Bake at 300 degrees until cookies just begin to brown and feel crisp when touched (they should be very light) about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
If I could give this more than 5 stars I definitely would. They are SO good and easy. Nice and light too. This will be made often in our house! Instead of spooning the meringues onto the parchment paper, I put it in a piping bag and piped them out. I used leftover candy canes for the peppermints since I always seem to have a lot of them after Christmas. I was impressed with how pepperminty these were with just the candy inside and no extract. Very flavorful. Thanks for the great recipe! Made for Photo Tag.
WOW - an lovely and beautiful cookie that whips up in no time. Actually I can't take much credit because I was sous chef to my 10 year old daughter making them. They will be on our Christmas cookie list next year for sure.