1/9 Photos of Peppermint Meltaways Meltaway Cookies
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
These cookies are so dainty and pretty that I served them at my daughter's birthday tea. When I make them during the year, I use multicolored sprinkles on top rather than the crushed candy canes. They are on my "must have" list at Christmas. They are always the first to go at a party. I've had several people say, "I just can't stop eating them". Best eaten within about 2 days of baking. Note that dough does need to be chilled for about an hour before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1FOR COOKIES, combine sugar, butter and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract in large mixer bowl.
- 2Beat at medium speed until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- 3Reduce speed to low; add flour and cornstarch.
- 4Beat until well mixed (1 to 2 minutes).
- 5Cover; refrigerate until firm (30 to 60 minutes).
- 6Heat oven to 350°F Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- 7Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 9Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.
- 10Cool completely.
- 11FOR GLAZE, combine 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in small bowl.
- 12Stir in food color, if desired.
- 13Drizzle over cooled cookies.
- 14Immediately sprinkle with crushed candy.
- 15(I have found it is easier to put the crushed candy in a bowl and"dip" the top of cookies in them right after I frost them).
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Meltaways Meltaway Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 76.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 0.7 g