1/1 Photo of Peppermint Macaroons
Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe comes from the Paula Deen Holiday Baking Magazine. I didn't want to lose the recipe so thought I would post here for safe keeping. This would be a great sweet treat for parties or as gifts in a gift basket for Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300'.
- 2Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- 3In a large mixing bowl add egg whites and salt and mix on medium high until foamy (or add in a large bowl and whisk with a hand whisker, the egg whites and salt together until foamy about 2 minutes)
- 4Add in condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- 5Fold in coconut, white chocolate chips and crushed peppermints.
- 6Using a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop or a rounded teaspoon, drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- 7Bake 20 minutes or until coconut just begins to brown.
- 8Let cool on pan for 10 minutes.
- 9Remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- 10NOTE: To crush the peppermint candies, add candy to a plastic baggie and roll with a rolling pin over the candy until crushed. Or add candy to a food processor and grind until lightly crushed.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Macaroons
Serving Size: 1 (1432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2485.6
- Calories from Fat 1335
- Total Fat 148.3 g
- Saturated Fat 121.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.5 mg
- Sodium 1255.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 278.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 264.0 g
- Protein 28.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: