Recipe by Marsha D.
This recipe comes from the Paula Deen Holiday Baking Magazine. I didn't want to lose the recipe so thought I would post here for safe keeping. This would be a great sweet treat for parties or as gifts in a gift basket for Christmas.
- 2 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (14 ounce) packages sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermint candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300'.
- Line 2-3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add egg whites and salt and mix on medium high until foamy (or add in a large bowl and whisk with a hand whisker, the egg whites and salt together until foamy about 2 minutes)
- Add in condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in coconut, white chocolate chips and crushed peppermints.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch ice cream scoop or a rounded teaspoon, drop dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until coconut just begins to brown.
- Let cool on pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- NOTE: To crush the peppermint candies, add candy to a plastic baggie and roll with a rolling pin over the candy until crushed. Or add candy to a food processor and grind until lightly crushed.