Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on All Recipes. Peppermint liqueur has been made in South Africa since the 1700's. This is a simple recipe for it. Posted for ZWT4.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir in the peppermint oil and green food coloring if using.
- Allow to cool slightly before stirring in brandy.
- Pour into a bottle and seal.
- Tastes best after a couple of weeks.
This was good. WAY too good... I didn't have peppermint oil, so I added a few drops of peppermint extract instead. I don't know how it's going to taste in a few weeks because it's halfway gone now ;) Thanks for the recipe! Made for ZWT4.