Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From Heart-Healthy Living by BH&G.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe coffee syrup or 1 tablespoon peppermint schnapps or 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1⁄2 cup espresso coffee (prepared)
- sugar (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 2 tablespoons frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (such as light Cool Whip)
- 2 peppermint stick candy
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the milk until hot but not boiling.
- Stir in the creme de menthe syrup or peppermint schnapps.
- Whisk to make frothy.
- Divide espresso between 2 large cups.
- Divide milk between the 2 cups.
- If desired, sweeten with sugar or Splenda.
- Top individual servings with whipped topping and stir with a peppermint stick.
- Serve immediately.
What a beautiful subtle peppermint flavor this lovely, creamy treat imparts. Made as written, using white sugar and creme de menthe. This was delicious, I will be making this often. I garnished with a candy cane. Thanks for sharing Kate. Made for Rookie Tag Game.
Oh what a delightful treat - and why wouldn't it be?!? I used a little peppermint extract (will use schnapps in the evening but couldn't justify it at 7am lol) I had no candy canes for garnish and I'm kind of glad as it was quite minty enough as it was. Lovely coffee treat - thanks for sharing the recipe!
So much goodness, so little fat. I'm in Heaven. For a single serving: Used 1 tsp of white creme de menthe (not syrup), 1/2 c. espresso and a generous 1/2 c. skim milk for a tall latte. I knew the peppermint stick would melt into the coffee and I didn't want it too pepperminty. Cool Whip light in a can was the topping. Simply scrumptious, what better life purpose for a candy cane could there be?. I have 18 peppermint sticks left from Christmas and their fate has been determined!