Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping. From Heart-Healthy Living by BH&G.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a beautiful subtle peppermint flavor this lovely, creamy treat imparts. Made as written, using white sugar and creme de menthe. This was delicious, I will be making this often. I garnished with a candy cane. Thanks for sharing Kate. Made for Rookie Tag Game.
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe coffee syrup or 1 tablespoon peppermint schnapps or 1 tablespoon creme de menthe
- 1⁄2 cup espresso coffee (prepared)
- sugar (optional) or Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 2 tablespoons frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (such as light Cool Whip)
- 2 peppermint stick candy
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat and stir the milk until hot but not boiling.
- Stir in the creme de menthe syrup or peppermint schnapps.
- Whisk to make frothy.
- Divide espresso between 2 large cups.
- Divide milk between the 2 cups.
- If desired, sweeten with sugar or Splenda.
- Top individual servings with whipped topping and stir with a peppermint stick.
- Serve immediately.