Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
A spectacular special latte. Minty and creamy. From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon creme de menthe or 1 tablespoon peppermint schnapps
- 1 cup espresso or 1 cup strong black coffee
- Bring milk and half and half to hot, but not boiling.
- Stir in liquer.
- Whisk to make frothy.
- Divide coffee between two mugs.
- Add hot milk to each mug.
- Sweeten with sugar to taste.
- Top with whipped cream if desired and add a peppermint stick.
Good! Used strong black coffee and creme de menthe. I drank some without sugar, then sweetened with a bit of chocolate syrup which was good, too. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Unfortunately, this wasn't very minty at all. It was very strong using 1/2cup of espresso to 1/2 cup milk and cream. Maybe it's better with black coffee but I'd halve the espresso amount next time or increase the milk and cream. I think most of the mint flavouring ended up coming from the peppermint stick used to garnish and stir the drink than the creme de menthe itself. It's okay as a strong coffee drink though.