Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is great before and after Christmas as it uses up extra cookies and candy canes you have laying around or want to whip up for a holiday dish.
- 354.88 ml cookie crumbs (butter cut-out or shortbread type cookies)
- 88.74 ml melted butter
- 946.0 ml vanilla ice cream
- 2.46 ml peppermint extract
- 236.59 ml crushed candy cane
- Mix cookie crumbs and butter in a bowl. Set aside 2 tablespoons. Press the remainder into an 8 inch pie pan and freeze 15 minute
- In another bowl mix the ice cream, peppermint extract and crushed candy canes until well blended. Transfer to pie pan spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with extra cookie crumb mixture and freeze until firm. Serve with warm chocolate sauce and whipped cream, if desired.
This is a good recipe. I found the candy bits to be a bit much. I will try again with either just the extract or decrease the candy amount. Thanks Ceezie for a delicious dessert.