Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the December 2003 issue of Cooking Light. It is creamy, yummy and low fat. A good way to get rid of those post-Christmas RED candy canes. (Don't use the green and red peppermint candy canes unless you want grey ice cream)
- Combine 1 1/4 c 2% milk and egg yolks in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until mixture is slightly thick and coats the back of a spoon (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly (do not boil). Cool egg mixture slightly.
- Combine egg mixture, 1 1/4 c 2% milk, vanilla and condensed milk in a large bowl. Cover and chill completely.
- Stir in crushed candies.
- Pour mixture into a freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.