1/2 Photos of Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
Take from a Cooking Light magazine. I'm waiting until the weather warms up to try this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups low-fat peppermint ice cream, softened
- 3 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 peppermint candies, crushed
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Coat 2 8-inch round cake pans with cooking spray.
- 3Line bottom of each pan with waxed paper.
- 4Combine cocoa, ¾ cup boiling water, and butter, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cool.
- 5Combine brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large bowl, stirring well until blended.
- 6Add egg substitute; beat with a mixer 2 minutes or until light and creamy.
- 7Add the cocoa mixture, and beat 1 minute.
- 8Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- 9Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 10Gradually add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture; beat 1 minute or until blended. Stir in vanilla extract.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 12Bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 13Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- 14Remove from pans.
- 15Wrap in plastic wrap, and freeze for 2 hours or until slightly frozen.
- 16Spread ice cream in an 8-inch round cake pan lined with plastic wrap.
- 17Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- 18To assemble cake, place one cake layer, bottom side up, on a cake pedestal.
- 19Remove ice cream layer from freezer; remove plastic wrap.
- 20Place ice cream layer, bottom side up, on top of cake layer.
- 21Top with remaining cake layer.
- 22Combine whipped topping and peppermint extract, and stir until blended.
- 23Spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
- 24Sprinkle with crushed peppermints.
- 25Freeze until ready to serve.
- 26Let cake stand at room temperature 10 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 182.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat peppermint ice cream
frozen fat-free whipped topping