Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is the second of 3 ice cream recipes I found on another site. There is also a list of suggestions for successful ice cream making in another posted "recipe". The "cooking" time is variable due to your particular ice cream freezer. It is not included in the cooking time listed.
- 14 ounces peppermint stick candy
- 10 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 -7 ounces additional peppermint stick candy, crushed
- Break 14 ounces of peppermint stick candy into pieces.
- Place in a quart jar with 2 cups half and half and allow to dissolve overnight.
- The next day, combine remaining cream and sugar, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, and crushed peppermint and combine with dissolved candy, stirring until completely blended.
- Pour into gallon freezer.
- Freeze according to freezer directions. Let "ripen" in the can, or put in containers and place in freezer.