Recipe by Kzim4
Another clipped recipe from my recipe file.
Top Review by Annacia
Why has this not been reviewed before? it's a delight. I did use canned chocolate whipped cream as I just made one cup for myself. I added the peppermint to the hot chocolate. This is was delicious and a true pleasure. Made for Comfort Cafe, Jan 2010.
- 1⁄2 cup chilled whipping cream
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract, divided
- 6 cups milk
- 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip cream, 1 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in medium bowl to soft peaks.
- Bring milk to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Scrape in seeds from vanilla beans.
- Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate, cocoa and remaining sugar; whisk until smooth.
- Mix in 1/2 teaspoon extract.
- Ladle hot chocolate into mugs. Top with whipped cream.