I actually made this cookie recipe for the 7th grade bake sale and decided to name it after my dog Gizzy (mostly because she keeps sneaking them).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of crushed peppermint candy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- parchment paper
- 1Mix butter, sugar, crushed candies and vanilla extract thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and cornstarch.
- 2Form into 1-inch balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten with fingertips or a flat-bottomed drinking glass (dipped in confectioners sugar to prevent sticking).
- 3Bake in a preheated 300°F oven for 25-30 minutes,or until bottoms begin to brown.
- 4Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla, and peppermint extract; mix until frosting is smooth.
- 5Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. When the cookies have finished cooling, drizzle with frosting and sprinkle with crushed candies. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Gizz Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.7
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.2 mg
- Sodium 165.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: