Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I actually made this cookie recipe for the 7th grade bake sale and decided to name it after my dog Gizzy (mostly because she keeps sneaking them).
- 1 cup butter, no substitutes softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup of crushed peppermint candy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- parchment paper
- 1 cup pf confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of crushed peppermint candies
- Mix butter, sugar, crushed candies and vanilla extract thoroughly using an electric mixer. Gradually blend in flour and cornstarch.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Gently press down on each cookie to flatten with fingertips or a flat-bottomed drinking glass (dipped in confectioners sugar to prevent sticking).
- Bake in a preheated 300°F oven for 25-30 minutes,or until bottoms begin to brown.
- Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla, and peppermint extract; mix until frosting is smooth.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. When the cookies have finished cooling, drizzle with frosting and sprinkle with crushed candies. ENJOY!