Recipe by strangelittlebeast
Embarrassingly easy.You can use fresh mint by all means,I prefer to use dried because I think the tea comes out stronger. Not just for upset stomachs,this is a really refreshing tea with a spicy-fresh flavor that I like to drink anytime it's cold outside. This is another good tea for when you have a cold;and of course it's good for indigestion,nausea,or other stomach ailments.The ginger helps circulation so it really warms you up!
- 1 piece fresh ginger, root about 1 inch in size
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, torn or 1 bag peppermint tea
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel ginger root.Slice into thin coins.
- Bring a pot of water to boil over high heat,use enough water that once it boils away you'll still have enough tea to fill your favorite mug,say about 2 cups.
- Add ginger and let it boil gently for about ten minutes, add mint,turn off heat ,and let steep another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with honey if desired.