Recipe by Auntie Mags
A fantastic and different dessert. A real hit with my kids!
Top Review by jswinks
Yummy! Was very rich, and smooth texture. I used Oreos for the crust and garnish. I probably could omit the sugar from the crust and would have been fine. I thought about trying with lower fat/sugar ingredients but since it was for photo tag game didn't want to risk it not turning out :) But I think I will try that next time. When I covered it, the foil touched the top of the pie so it wasn't as smooth anymore :( I just covered it up with Oreos on top though! I agree with other reviewer, could use a little less extract.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 1⁄4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- red food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine wafer crumbs, sugar and margarine or butter and press into 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Melt 3 cups marshmallows with milk over low heat. Stir until smooth.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Tint with food coloring and mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream, remaining 1/4 cup marshmallows and extract.
- Pour into crust. Wrap and freeze.
- Before serving, unwrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Garnish as desired.