Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy frosting - don't be put off because it is dairy free, it is really good!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring
- In small bowl, blend on high egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in sugar until glossy.
- Gradually beat in corn syrup and vanilla.
- Add peppermint extract and blend well.
- Beat until stiff peaks form (about 6 minutes).
- Blend in green food colouring.
The flavor balance here is really good - I've had mint frostings that tasted like toothpaste. I did try to do the frosting without cream of tartar, and the texture suffered - came out sticky, like marshmallow fluff. Gotta try this with all the ingredients next time. (Except the food coloring - I like it white and will sprinkle crushed candy cane on top!) Thanks for posting.