Recipe by Sweet Southern Bell
I served this at parties,everyone loved it,that liked Mints. I got it from a magazine,without a title.I named it. Made with Jell-O and cookies.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 8 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve Jell-O in boiling water.
- Add cold water and extract.
- Chill until slightly thickened about 11/2 hours.
- Prepare. Measure 1 ¾ cups jell-o; pour into 9x5 loaf pan, and chill about 5 minute.
- Blend prepared cool whip into remaining gelatin. Carefully spoon 1/3 of the creamy mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle with half the cookie crumbs. Repeat these two layers and spoon the remaining creamy mixture on top. Chill until firm about 4 hours.