Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This mix is a hit. So much flavor and crunch in every bite. For gift giving, I decorate the empty marshmallow creme jars for the occasion then fill them up. I am always asked for the recipe. I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker book.
- 6 cups popped popcorn (I use white natural)
- 4 cups Honey Nut Chex
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 20 red hard peppermint candies or 20 green hard peppermint candies, crushed (1/2 cup, I crush them quite fine)
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix popcorn and cereal in large bowl; set aside.
- Place marshmallow crème in medium microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave uncovered on High about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted; stir again.
- Pour over popcorn mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with candies.
- Spread mixture on cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes; stir.
- Bake about 5 minutes longer or until coating is light golden brown.
- Spread on waxed paper or aluminum foil to cool.
- Store tightly covered up to 2 weeks.
- If you are in a pinch for time, buy an already popped bag of gourmet white popcorn.
- Depends on the occasion, but I add red hots, or candy corn, or M&Ms or nuts.
- Use your imagination.
- BE SURE TO REMOVE ALL UNPOPPED KERNELS.
- WE DON'T WANT ANY CHIPPED TEETH.
I just used what I had on hand and it was yummy. Healthy Pop Popcorn, Wheat Chex, Marshmallow creme plus I added 1 tea. cinnamon. Healthy and Lowfat if you don't eat the whole thing!
I have the same cookbook and made this as gifts for friends and neighbors around the holidays. Everyone loved it and I received a lot of recipe requests. It's almost embarrassing because it's so easy. I will definitely make this again!
This is good and crispy and sweet. Great addition to Christmas trays or for hungry college students. At first, I wasn't going to bake it but then realized that it makes it taste like a toasted marshmellow and I think it is necessary when using the marshmellow creme. Used Christmas m&m's instead of peppermint candies with GREAT results. Thanks- KCShell