Recipe by Dib's
Here's a Christmas treat thats great year around if you like peppermint!
Top Review by Lightly Toasted
I should have taken pictures. This was SOOOO pretty, and very tasty. The only change that I made was due to me running out of white chocolate. So I drizzled the white choc over the top, instead of spreading it.This actually gave it a "more expensive" appearance, I think.
- 17 ounces good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 30 red and white hard peppermint candies, coarsely crushed
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn a large baking sheet bottom side up, cover with foil and mark out a 12x9 inch rectangle on foil.
- Stir white chocolate in a double broiler or a metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water until chocolate is melted and smooth and candy thermometer registers 110 degrees.
- Remove from over water.
- Pour 2/3 cup onto rectangle on foil.
- Using a icing spatula, spread chocolate to fill rectangle.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup crushed peppermints.
- Chill until set, around 15 minutes.
- Stir bittersweet chocolate, cream and peppermint extract in a heavy medium saucepan over medium low heat until just melted.
- Cool to barely lukewarm.
- Pour bittersweet chocolate onto cooled white chocolate and spread with the icing spatula.
- Chill for 25 minutes.
- Rewarm remaining white chocolate and working quickly pour white chocolate over firm bittersweet chocolate.
- Spread and sprinkle with remaining crushed mints.
- Chill for another 25 minutes.
- Carefully lift foil off of pan.
- Cut bark crosswise into 2 inch wide strips.
- Now remove foil on bottom.
- Cut each strip into 3 sections, and cut those crosswise.
- Wrap and refrigerate or serve.