Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
A festive cookie for the holidays! These would be great on your holiday cookie tray.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons peppermint, exract divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- hard peppermint candy, crushed
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add 2/3 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp extract and salt; beat well.
- Gradually add flour, beating until blended.
- Divide dough into 3 portions; divde each portion into 12 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 2 inch log and curve the ends to form a crescent shape.
- Place crescents on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325º for 15 to 18 minutes or until they are lightly browned.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Carefully roll warm cookies in sifted powdered sugar.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Stir together milk, remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoons peppermint extract until smooth.
- Drizzle cookies with icing and then sprinkle with crushed candies, pressing them gently into icing.
- Store in aritight contrainers.