Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
From a restaurant I used to work at.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 hard peppermint candies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons peppermint schnapps
- Combine whipping cream, egg yolks, sugar, vanilla, and schnapps, and stir with a whisk until smooth.
- (the sugar will dissolve).
- Divide the mixture evenly in 5 (5x1-inch) round single serving baking dishes.
- Set the dishes on a large roasting pan or jellyroll pan (15x 10x 1-inch).
- Add one inch of hot water to pan.
- Bake at for 45-50 minutes at 275 degrees, until almost set.
- Cool in the pan of water on a wire rack, then remove from pan.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Sprinkle crushed candies over each custard and place them in a pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) until candy melts.
- Cool for 5 minutes or until top hardens, then garnish if desired.
YUM! Wonderful recipe. Thanks.