Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Small balls of peppermint candy. Traditional in england for christmas
- 2 ounces margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 drops peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1 lb icing sugar
- heat the milk and marge until it's liquid.
- Do not boil.
- Cool a little and add the sugar and peppermint extract and green food coloring.
- Mix to form a soft ball.
- Knead thoroughly.
- Dust a surface with icing sugar and roll it into strips about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut at 1 inch intervals and roll into small balls.
- Place on a sheet of grease-proof paper to dry overnight and store in an airtight container.
- You can decorate them with melted chocolate, If you feel like doing the extra work!
a great treat.everybody loved them and i'm on demand for more from my friends. it tastes so buttery but everyone loved it. you need to make sure it's not too sticky though.
These were a big hit with the family. I even made chocolate and butterscotch by adding a few melted chips to the pot before I mixed it with the icing sugar. Next time I'm going to make orange and strawberry too. Thanks for the recipe!