Recipe by MUNCHIES 456
These are my favorite dessert. A melt in your mouth treat for all of the sweet tooths out there!
Top Review by Funkydelia
This is the recipe I was looking for! We used to make these and something called "coconut ice" when we were children. I like that there are so few ingredients and nothing scary like paraffin wax as seen in another recipe! Thanks Munchies!
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- food coloring (your choice colors)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Whisk the egg white in a bowl well until it turns frothy but not stiff.
- Sift the confectioners' sugar into the bowl with the egg white and stir until the mixture is stiff.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl (should be similar to a ball of dough) and knead in the peppermint extract.
- Separate the ball into three smaller balls. You may knead food coloring into each if you like. (optional).
- Roll the mixture out into small balls, slightly smaller than walnuts. Line them up in rows on the cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls using a fork. Then let them sit for 24 hours, or until firm. (if you do not plan to dip them in chocolate you may eat them within a few hours of making).
- OPTIONAL: For chocolate dipped creams:.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water on the stove. When melted, dip some of the creams into the chocolate and let cool on the cookie sheet.