Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3⁄4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening or 3⁄4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes or 3⁄4 cup peppermint hard candies, divided
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed candy. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon crushed candy. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- To have enough crushed candy for this recipe, use 9 medium candy canes or 36 peppermint hard candies.