Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Crisco®
- 3⁄4 stick Crisco® Butter Shortening Stick or 3⁄4 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup crushed peppermint candy canes or 3⁄4 cup peppermint hard candies, divided
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar, sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed candy. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon crushed candy. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- TIP - To have enough crushed candy for this recipe, use 9 medium candy canes or 36 peppermint hard candies.