Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are great for Christmas time. They have a pepperminty, yet sweet flavor to them.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and sugar together.
- Next add water, applesauce mixture.
- Add peppermint extract.
- Mix well until you have a consistent dough.
- Place on lightly sprayed cookie sheet.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I'm sorry to leave a low review, but there are many problems with this recipe. I'm sure that some of the problems I had with this recipe are due to my interpetations of the directions. I wasn't sure if these were supposed to be drop or bar cookies, so based on the cooking time,I chose drop. I figured a bar cookie would take longer, and the directions say cookie sheet. I ended up with very tough cookies with a weird outer layer to them. It's very hard to explain. They almost had the texture of a muffin. We tried them warm and cold, and neither was appealing to our family. The dough was a strange color, so I added food coloring, but I'm sure that wasn't the reason for the texture issue. The mint flavor was very good, and the cookies smelled great. They were easy to mix up, but did require a great deal of mixing. I hope someone else will try this recipe and tell me what I did wrong!