Recipe by Mom2Rose
How delicious! And how easy! Just press the dough in the pan and break it in chunks after baking.
- 12 red starlight peppermint candies
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Spray 15x10-inch pan with sides with cooking spray.
- In resealable food-storage plastic bag, place mints.
- With rolling pin or flat side of meat mallet, coarsely crush mints.
- Pour crushed mints into fine strainer; shake lightly so tiny pieces fall into large bowl (reserve larger pieces of mints for garnish).
- In large bowl with tiny mint pieces, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until stiff dough forms.
- Press into pan.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips and oil on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- With fork, drizzle half of melted chips over cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with reserved crushed mints.
- Drizzle with remaining melted chips.
- Let stand until set, about 10 minutes.
- Break into irregular 2- to 3-inch pieces.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.