Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is fun and delicious. It's ideal for winter parties. I hung a very small candy cane on the glasses. Start the coffee brewing and let a friend whip the cream just a bit while you shave the chocolate.
- 2 ounces white creme de menthe (I used 1 and found it just right)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces hot freshly made black coffee
- lightly whipped double cream
- mint chocolate, cut into thin slivers
- Warm a brandy glass.
- Add the creme de menthe and the sugar.
- Add the hot coffee, stir well.
- Pour the whipped cream over a spoon onto the top of the coffee.
- Decorate with the slivers of mint chocolate. Drink through the cream without mixing.
I made this coffee exactly as written. It was super. I really enjoyed this delicious treat. I am so glad that I keep a box of candy canes on hand all year...just for treats like this. The simple ingredients are often the best. Thanks so much for sharing your tasty treat Coffee Queen.
I used 2 ounces of white creme de menthe with 8 ounces of hot coffee. No sugar. And added whipped cream. It was good and perfect for the cold I have. I didn't take photo since I didn't have mint chocolate. Thanks Annacia :) Made for Newest Zaar Tag.