Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Prep time is for toasting the coconut.
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Stir in the peppermint candies and coconut.
- Spread the mixture over wax paper or parchment to make a rectangle about 10 x 8 inches.
- After it has set, cut with a sharp knife into sticks about 1/4 x 4 inches.
- Store in an airtight container.
I liked these a lot. They came together easily, although I burned two lots of coconut before getting it right. However that's my flaw not yours. I melted the chocolate in the microwave. Crushing the candy canes was difficult, and slightly messy. I just chopped them roughly after a while. They wouldn't cut straight, but I suspect that was because of my chunky peppermint. Overall, really tasty, and easy.
This is a wonderful gift! It is easy to prepare, has a wonderful taste and really is something special. Thanks for sharing, this is a keeper!