Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the ULTIMATE chocolatey cookie.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract (if you don't like peppermint, add vanilla instead)
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups flour
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Add butter, oil, and sugar into 1 large bowl. Use electric mixer and mix untill fairly blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing after adding each egg.
- Next add peppermint extract, and blend (for this you don't need electric mixer) untill smooth.
- Dump in the cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and 1 1/2 cup of the flour (do not mix in one at a time). Mix together, once well combined, add the chocolate chips.
- If the mixture is too goey add the other 1/2 cup of flour.
- Spoon small spoon-fulls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.
This is a very interesting cookie. I was a little confused about the addition of the flour, so I added 1 cup of flour, mixed it in, then added a second cup of flour, and mixed that in. The result seemed too thin and resembled brownie batter. I tried it out, making only 6 cookies, and they turned out fine. This cookie has a cake-like texture, and the mint flavor really makes it special. I only baked the cookies for 9 minutes, and they were perfectly done. Thanks for a tasty new cookie!