Recipe by CoffeeB
From good ol TOH. Tried and true--
Top Review by Katzen
A very diferent and delectable brownie!! Per the previous review, I used almonds instead of pecans or walnuts. Otherwise, I made the recipe as specified. I think I might use a smaller pan next time, though, as I like to serve a higher (thicker?) brownie. For such a "fancy" sounding recipe, it was really easy to make! Thanks, CoffeeB! Made for Veg*n Swap 12.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 ounces squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 ounce square semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate.
- Cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Combine flour and salt and gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and extract.
- Add enough cream until frosting reaches spreading consisitency.
- Frost cooled bars.
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Drizzle over frosting.
- Cut into bars.