1/1 Photo of Peppermint Chocolate Brownies
From good ol TOH. Tried and true--
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 2 ounces squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 ounce square semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1In a microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate.
- 2Cool slightly.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- 4Add the chocolate mixture and mix well.
- 5Combine flour and salt and gradually add to chocolate mixture.
- 6Stir in nuts.
- 7Spread into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean.
- 9Cool on a wire rack.
- 10In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and extract.
- 11Add enough cream until frosting reaches spreading consisitency.
- 12Frost cooled bars.
- 13Melt chocolate and butter.
- 14Drizzle over frosting.
- 15Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppermint Chocolate Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (987 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1099.7
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 34.8 g
- Cholesterol 220.3 mg
- Sodium 601.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 110.1 g
- Protein 9.3 g