I made this cheesecake to bring to the office and they loved it! I'm new to cheesecake making and found this one very easy and it turned out wonderfully. Plan ahead, prep time does not include overnight chilling time. I found this in a TOH magazine, it's originally from Gretchen Ely in West Lafayette, Indiana. Thanks Gretchen!
- 1 (10 ounce) package thin mint cookies, crushed (I used Keebler Grasshopper Fudge Mint Cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine cookie crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch until smooth; lightly beat eggs and egg yolk, add to cream cheese mixture and beat on low speed just until combined; stir in the cream, extracts and food coloring; fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust (the mixture will come up above the edge of the cookie crust and that's OK) and place the pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until the center is almost set; cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer then cover and chill overnight.
- Remove sides of pan to serve and refrigerate any leftovers.
WHAT A GREAT RECIPE! I made it for mum since she loves the chocolate bar AERO PEPPERMINT. It was a hit. I used chopped up Aero instead of chocolate chips. Thanks
I made this for my grandmother to take to a potluck at church, and it was a big hit. I don't like peppermint, so I didn't try it myself, but everyone said it was delicious!
Thjs is such a good cheesecake. My DD and DH, both peppermint chocolate chip fans, especially enjoyed it. I took it to a dessert potluck - much to my DD and DH's disappoinment, as they were not wanting to share. I'll have to make it again soon just for them! Prepared and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #14.